A full trailer load (FTL) describes cargo that is moved by ground, but doesn’t require special handling. It stays on a dedicated trailer as it progresses towards its final destination.
This type of service, which is also called full truckloads or dry van, typically describes ground shipments that weigh between 15,000 and 45,000 pounds.
Double Ace Cargo offers:
- A trucking division to move merchandise for our customers
- Return trip shipments for carriers who need to reposition trucks back to their home markets
- Relationships with established, reliable owner operators who provide competitive bids on nationwide moves
A Mexican banana producer
- Put together a complex logistics solution to meet the needs of the producer, carrier, and retailer
- Help the banana producer consolidate transportation for more reliable services and lower costs
- Move from an ocean freight solution to a ground transportation approach
- Partner with a reefer carrier to bring green bananas from Mexico to Miami
- Store them briefly in a bonded reefer facility to avoid paying duties
- Pack bananas into truck trailers and treat them with gas so they will ripen en route
- Provide reefer carrier with return freight
- Helped customer reduce freight costs with more sophisticated supply chain solution