Vessel chartering involves matching shippers, who need to move cargo, and ship owner/operators, who need to fill capacity. Companies can opt for a voyage charter, covering port, fuel, and crew costs to purchase a ship’s full capacity, or pay costs on a per-ton basis. Alternatively, charterers can elect to hire vessels for a specific length of time, which is called a time charter.
Charterers can engage a wide array of ships, including container vessels, RoRo and Project Cargo ships, and more.
Double Ace Cargo provides:
- A specialist who is expert in contract negotiation and vessel chartering
- Expert and fast advice, quotes, and bookings
- Turnkey voyage and time charter services on fully compliant and classified vessels
An amusement park operator
- Move 77 heavy units to Peru via ocean freight for a Christmas fair
- All Project Cargo had to be on the same vessel
- Old ride components would be destroyed if they were lifted
- Charter a vessel for Project Cargo
- Provide specialized handling services, driving goods onto the vessel
- All parts arrived in time for assembly and use at the fair
- The operator was able to stay an extra month, increasing revenue